Providers and end-users alike may develop case studies or similar papers and reports ("studies") detailing particular aspects of a challenge or problem relative to a P-Card program or related payments strategy. While these studies typically feature (or even promote) a particular provider, product and/or technology solution, they also tend to be insightful and may provide P-Card professionals with a learning opportunity. Provided below are studies from providers and/or end-users.
Note: The NAPCP does not endorse or promote any particular provider, issuer, product, technology or service. Rather, the NAPCP provides these studies in the event that they may help or educate P-Card professionals in some way.
Instructions for Submitting a Case Study
If you are interested in contributing to this section of the NAPCP Resource Center, please note the following. Submissions:
· must include an educational component; for example, describing a particular end-user problem or challenge and how the end-user successfully addressed it
· are subject to NAPCP review and, as a result, may be rejected if a submission lacks educational content and/or is perceived to be solely sales-oriented
· are subject to the NAPCP’s file-naming convention when posted; typically, the file name, document or link includes the name of the organization from which the submission originated
· may be removed from the Resource Center at the sole discretion of the NAPCP, such as when a submission becomes outdated
· should be directed to Terri Brustad at email@example.com
Case studies are exclusively available to NAPCP members. Click here to join the NAPCP as a member of first review a summary of NAPCP member benefits.