The Gold Standard in Commercial Card Benchmarking
Presented by: Richard Palmer, Ph.D., CPA, President, RPMG Research Corporation & Professor and Copper Dome Faculty Research Fellow Southeast Missouri State University
Sponsored by: Visa Europe
The presentation will address:
- the value and role of benchmark data in improving Commercial Card user and Commercial Card issuer performance
- a sampling of key benchmark data points across Purchasing Card, Virtual Card and Travel Card platforms
- facts regarding loss experienced from fraud (internal and external) and misrepresented use of Purchasing Cards
- current challenges to Commercial Card spending growth
- evolving technologies and their potential impact on Commercial Cards
|How Supplier Engagement is Taking Leeds City Council’s Purchasing Card Programme to the Next Level
Presented by: Clare Colman, Head of Financial Services, Business Support Centre, Leeds City Council
How do you grow an established Purchasing Card programme from £40m to £100m? The efficiencies both externally for suppliers and internally for the end-user may look compelling, yet often taking your programme to the next level is challenging.
Attendees will leave the session with an awareness of:
- the barriers both internally and externally to consider when growing your Purchasing Card programme
- key stakeholders to work with to overcome the internal barriers
- key messages to discuss with suppliers to overcome the external barriers
- how to prioritise areas of spend that may be suitable for a Purchasing Card programme
Conference Sponsor Sessions
Invisible Payments? Whatever Next?
Presented by: James Lee, Business Development, Barclaycard Global Commercial Payments
Sponsored by Barclaycard
Payments have long been thought of as an overhead. A cost to the business. A necessary function. However, with new technology, new funding options and new process innovations, that’s all changing. Having been overlooked for so long, payments are quickly becoming the new way to create value for your business and potentially a way to create a competitive advantage.
In this session you will:
- understand the value behind a card-based payments programme
- discover recent trends and advances in payments
- learn a tangible way that you can start to make payments work for you and your suppliers
Are you a B2B Hero? Practical Steps to Optimise your Payments Strategy
Presented by: Mike McCarthy, Channel Manager, EMEA
Sponsored by Fraedom
The payments landscape is complex and constantly changing. The business case for B2B card payments is becoming increasingly more compelling. Key steps to build, grow and optimise card payments will be shared during this session:
- Agree the internal business case
- Build your payment plan and partnerships
- Customise to ensure control, convenience and cost savings
Communicating The Value of Commercial Cards
Presented by: Erwan Le Grand, Global Head of Client Engagement & Portfolio Optimisation, HSBC Corporate Cards
Sponsored by HSBC
There is no debate that getting payment data directly to where it is needed creates cost savings and value added management information for buyers and suppliers alike.
However the ‘value proposition’ of different payment types is not always well enough communicated across the market - resulting in lost opportunities.
This session explores the different components of the true value of Commercial Cards, looking beyond MI and potential revenue stream.
Roundtable Discussion Topics
- Combating Fraud and Misuse, facilitated by Carmela Mesquita, Visa Europe
- Getting it Right: Implementation and Optimization, facilitated by
Erwan le Grand, HSBC
- Policies and Procedures, facilitated by James Lee, Barclaycard
- Travel Optimization, facilitated by Denise Fletcher, Fraedom
- VAT Reclamation, facilitated by Clive Gould, Taxeo