View more industry press releases
How Can an Efficient B2B Payments Strategy Benefit Your Organization? NAPCP Offers Three Educational Workshops in Atlanta April 16
Organizations looking to initiate or improve purchase-to-pay initiatives should consider any of three Atlanta workshops April 16. Stay on for the NAPCP 13th Annual Conference for more education and networking.
Minnetonka, MN (February 29, 2012)—The National Association of Purchasing Card Professionals is offering three workshops April 16, 2012, at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center in Atlanta, Georgia, to fulfill the varying levels of educational need in the industry: How P-Cards Add Value to Your Organization (half-day), comprehensive P-Card Program Management (full-day), and How to Use Microsoft Excel® Pivot Tables for Auditing and Data Analysis (half-day).
Solutions providers and end-users (Purchasing Card program managers/administrators, treasury professionals, accounts payable and procurement managers and more) are welcome to attend (online registration and fee payment at http://www.napcp.org/events).
Do you have responsibilities related to purchase-to-pay (P2P) processes, including P-Card? Register for this half-day workshop, How P-Cards Add Value to Your Organization, to build a solid knowledge base, enabling you to:
- "speak the language," so you spend less time looking up definitions and more time on program improvements
- address the internal P-Card resisters and increase program buy-in
- identify the best P-Card targets for your organization
- consider whether other Commercial Card options, such as electronic payables, could benefit your organization
- engage management in a discussion about improving P2P strategies
The workshop will address the following and more:
- how/where P-Cards fit into a payment strategy, the benefits and ideal P-Card P2P process
- emergence of payables solutions and how they co-exist with P-Cards to optimize efficiencies and cost savings
- the "supplier side" of the equation—such as the fees related to card acceptance, as well as the benefits
For P-Card program administrators and managers, the full-day workshop, P-Card Program Management, presents comprehensive "how-tos" for a successful program:
- conduct a risk analysis to get the true picture, then determine the right level of P-Card controls to maximize use and eliminate misuse
- learn optimal auditing practices and understand why 100% is not a perfect approach
- learn key performance indicators and how to track progress against goals
- staff your program to cover key roles and responsibilities
In addition, we’ll discuss Commercial Card options and how each can enhance a payments strategy, complementing the P-Card program. You will participate in an interactive lecture that encourages attendee input, allowing you to develop a network of peers to call upon long after the workshop concludes.
A second half-day workshop, How to Use Microsoft Excel® Pivot Tables for Auditing and Data Analysis, is intended to build skills for individuals who play a role in auditing P-Card transactions. Pivot tables are a cost-effective way to add automation to your program, reducing reliance on manual efforts and time spent on auditing. Bring your laptop for this hands-on experience!
Many more details are available on the NAPCP events website: http://www.napcp.org/workshops
The three workshops precede the NAPCP 13th Annual Commercial Card and Payment Conference, scheduled for April 16-19, 2012, at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center, Atlanta, Georgia. Complete details, including online program, registration and hotel reservations are available at http://www.napcp.org/2012.
Microsoft Excel is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.